Monday, February 14, 2011

New Orleans Ladies

I'm at a point in life where I am actually thankful I don't have me a honey on Valentine's day. It would be just one more bill that I couldn't pay. I've been impressed by the ladies down here. I've spent my entire life around women like Snookie, suddenly I'm exposed to some true Southern Belles and am taken back. Fun, classy, able to hold their liquor till sunup and could drop kick ass while wearing heels. (Dudes, it's like a city filled with Daisy Dukes.)

New Orleans Ladies
Words and Music by Hoyt Garrick and Leon Medica

New Orleans ladies
Sassy style that will drive you crazy
And they hold you like the light
Hugs the wick when this candle's burning

Them Creole babies
Thin and brown and downright lazy
And they roll just like the river
A little wave will last forever
All the way
From Bourbon Street to Esplanade
They sashay by

New Orleans ladies
A flair for life, love and laughter
And they hold you like the night
Holds a chill when this cold wind's blowing

Them Creole babies
They strut and sway from dusk till dawn
And they roll just like a river
A little wave will last forever
All the way
From Bourbon Street to Esplanade
They sashay by

I always think of my friend "Goose" when I hear this one. You can spot a true local by their Flor De lis tattoos. I've gotten to spend a lot of time with some of the nicest women while working as a background actor.  



Unlike the Jersey girls I hung out with, not one down here has yet puked on me, thrown a punch at me or stole my wallet for coke money.  I might start dating again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment