Saturday, October 30, 2010

Work is a necessary evil to be avoided

The Mississippi River will always have its own way;
no engineering skill can persuade it to do otherwise...

Mark Twain 


Today I did my first real piece of art since '05. Using discovered items from the back yard, with my favorite Min Pin "Buddy Boo-Boo" keeping me company in near perfect weather.  Given a challenge to complete a finished piece of wall art in seven hours I found myself wearing layers of paint and feeling that creative high again. Bouncing around the yard like an errant roman candle, Buddy Boo Boo almost became my Blue dog.

Boo Boo and I rummaged through the yard looking for treasures, a distant sound of a calliope from the river boat. Just being a stone's throw from the Mississippi River where the river boats moor for the tourists, the distinct steam whistle sounds like it's only one block over.  Every time I hear it, it reminds me that I need to read more Mark Twain now that I'm down here.

I'll be posting a photo of my newest piece in the next day or so.




A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
 Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment