Sunday, October 31, 2010

art, coffee, dogs

Well, here it is. The first piece of art that I've done in over five years. I knew New Orleans would inspire me. Creativity drives NOLA the way greed drives New Jersey. I fit in better down here.


In the lower right hand corner is my studio assistant "Buddy Boo-Boo." He's a gravity defying Min Pin who was rescued by my landlords. The artwork was literally  discovered items that had gathered behind the garage. Same thing for the paint, exterior latex with some enamels. I designed the rail so one could display Mardi Gras beads off of the artwork. This town loves it's beads. 

Still There
 4'X4' discovered material

As you can see, it's a real New Orleans inspired piece. The shutters are actual shutter slats that were salvaged for paint stirrers, I turned them back into shutters. I've commented on how the blue tarp should be Louisiana's State flag. There is a ton more stuff behind the garage for art. A lot of it is storm items.



1 comment:

  1. I am so happy you were FINALLY able to create, after seeing your art work, sculptures and paintings on your web site, I felt as though your hands have been sadly idle for too long.
    I have my eye out for some ''found'' items for ya!
    I am bringing something home today for you.

    ReplyDelete