Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meet my old man

I got into this blogging thing as just a way to vent. Screams and cursing into the wind of the internet, not caring if I am heard, just needing to get something off of my chest. One blog I started about Father's Day was about my better memories of my father. I found that after I became a father, I became less critical of my own. I tried to remember his best qualities, his talents, his humor.


A few days ago I was contacted by a man that had served with my father in the Philippines. He sent me photographs that I had never seen before. They were of a fishing trip that landed a 300 lb Pacific Marlin. I remember hearing the story when I was growing up. Mom always said it was a bullshit fish story. Well, I just saw the pictures, it's all true.




No comments:

Post a Comment