Sunday, June 20, 2010

I miss you Kiddo....

This is the first Father's Day in 13 years that I haven't spent with my daughter.


Our favorite film to watch together is Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill. A few years ago I bought her the yellow suit for Halloween. I had been calling her "Kiddo" since she was a toddler. She's a real tomboy who loves action films and video games. When she was learning to walk she would take a bad spill, her eyes might water but she seldom cried.


We both balled like babies when I left New Jersey back in March. Tomorrow I am working as an extra on the set of the film Brawler again. The actor Michael Bowen is in it. He was also in Kill Bill. If I get the chance, I will break protocol of background extras by saying Hi to Mr. Bowen. Extras are not supposed to speak to principals.

Someday when I do get to talk to my Kiddo again, she'll get a big kick out of the fact I spoke to an actor from her all time favorite film. As long as my daughter considers me a success, that's the only opinion that truly matters.



"When will I see you again?"

"You know, that's the name of my favorite soul song from the '70s. "

No comments:

Post a Comment