Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rough Town

A few days ago seven people were shot down in the French Quarter at the end of "French Quarter Fest." I had just finish a day of juggling on Royal Street, and was standing on Canal Street waiting for a bus home. Two NOLAPD cars tore down the street with sirens blasting, seconds later three more came ripping around the corner. Soon five more sped by me doing 60 MPH.

I heard the next day that seven people had been shot at Canal and Royal. Since I've been here, I've heard news accounts of groups of people getting shot. Back in Jersey it was one, maybe two people getting shot. Down here, the perp doesn't stop until he empties the clip. FIVE FAMILY MEMBERS, TWO CATS AND ONE DOG were shot yesterday during a dispute over the TV remote.....

Ironically the Southern Republicans were also in town doing what ever it is Republicans do when they get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment