Monday, March 29, 2010

The Juggling Beatnik

How many Beatniks does it take to change a light bulb? It doesn't matter, cause we never pay the electric bill.
I went down to the French Quarter yesterday and watched the other performers. Some great acts, five performers put on a small circus on Royal Street, I watch a very funny magician do a few incredible card tricks and tell jokes. I saw his act three times, each time exactly the same material. You don't need more than five minutes of material. For one show he made about $15 for five minutes work.
My juggling skills are pretty good, joke telling also. Every performer had a character or a gimmick. I need some sort of a shtick. A stoned, outdated hipster beatnik with a beret. Waffle helped, well actually sat there and critiqued my work on juggling props. I made three juggling pins that look like burning joints. I'll let you know how it goes.

Did you here about the Beatnik suicide bomber? He's on his fifth mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment