Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another blog of mine...

I never had a very good relationship with my father. An alcoholic who died when I was about 12. I spent the better part of my life either hating him or pretending he never existed. I could easily turn this blog into a project to bash him, however I won't. I spent my life demonizing him. Now let me search for the qualities he had. The purpose of this blog is to examine who he was, and why he was the way he was.

I started it last Father's Day. Being a Dad myself, I realize that it's the toughest role any man can take on. Now that I am a father, over the years I am a lot less critical of my father. I chose to forgive him for his short comings, and I hope my daughter will forgive me of my own short comings. Visit this blog, and meet my Dad.

frankstylesusn.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment